So on my ‘lil Red Carpet Trip over the weekend it was a full-on schedule, read: not much sleep.
Now, as you know, I am not much of a Party Girl nowadays, more of a Cottage Girl and I’m usually tucked up in bed not much after the hours of 10pm, but this weekend there sure weren’t much tucking up going on…I mean heck I even went to Afters in a smoky club where Ferraris pulled up outside and dudes danced.
It was fun, interesting and exhausting and by the end of the weekend found myself sitting in the airport looking just like I’d spent the last few days partying.
Enter,Nikki Parkinson, Styling Queen of Australia, lady who travels with more lotions and potions than you could ever imagine. Lady whose lotions and potions I found myself, after knowing for oh about 10 minutes, stuffing into my luggage to help her get them through.
Lady you want to have sitting next to you on the plane because you will be constantly sprayed, spritzed and foofed with a long and never-ending array of creams, tricks and potions to keep you looking a-ok.
As we sat in transit, waiting for our plane to Sydney, Nikki, graced us with her knowledge, pulled out her tonne of beauty must-haves and gave us a lesson on how to fake a glow.
How to Get Your Glow on with Styling Queen of Australia Nikki Parkinson from Styling You
The Airport Styling Session
1. Equip yourself with a hideously large amount of products so that you are prepared for any situation
2. Start with this miracle budget product (I keep one of these about my person at all and any times…car, handbag, beach bag, kitchen, up sleeve) Garnier BB Cream (available Coles, Priceline, BigW)
3. follow with a dusting of mineral powder, Nikki recommends Bare Minerals
StylingYou Advice : this is your Go-To look when you are running ‘out the door’ in the morning, trying to get the kiddos to school/get to work…do not enter the atmosphere without these babies helping you along
4. Need a bit more help? go for foundation & concealer in the hotspots
StylingYou advice : I like Illamasqua foundation so worth it…cost per wear = good & Benefit Erase Paste concealer
5. for some extra brightening : highlighter
StylingYou advice : use an easy to use highlighter….Benefit’s Watt’s Up is quick and easy & glides on in one quick sweep
6. For some extra zing add some power to those cheeks baby
StylingYou Advice : Benefit’s Rose Tint & ChaCha Tint are faves
7. Eye shadow Benefit Fahrenheit Fab in Gabby
StylingYou Advice: if you are looking really tired skip the eye make-up, it’ll make you look more tired
8. Don’t forget the hands
StylingYou Advice: Burt’s Bees Ageless Hand Cream
9. shine those lips for diva power
StylingYou Advice: for a lipgloss that’s lovely try Jane Iredale Just Kissed lip stain in Forever Pink and Napoleon Perdis Lady in Red lipgloss.
So that’s it, you’re done, quick & easy.
And a few more of the travel girls’ tips
1. this shampoo for great hair Original Mineral Detox Shampoo
2. swig a double dose of Olive Leaf to get you through any Christmas/travelling/broomstick situation (I am stocking up on this big time)
3. Australian Bush Flower Travel Essence…pop this under your tongue while travelling to ward off that jet-lag & tiredness
4. these were great from Body Shop, Vitamin E Mist & Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray
I hope you enjoyed that little airport styling session and thanks to Nikki Parkinson of Styling You for spraying, primping, lending me her GHD’s and generally being very nice to me…and Cas from YTravel blog & the lovely Mel from One Crafty Mumma for laughing and having fun as we travelled…it was fun!
Here we are after our session…of course, your key ingredient to looking good and star style?
See you soon, I am spending the day wrapping and cooking….I have some Beach Cottage Twinkly Christmas things to show you in this old place too..
Slap on that BB Cream sweeties and smile for England, ooops Australia