This weekend there was a whole lot of time on the beach in the sunshine.
I like typing that.
And a few things that came to my attention…
1. Putting your dinner in the slow cooker before you go to the beach for the day is one of the best feelings ever when you walk back in the door to your old cottage with kiddos who are worn out and a husband who has been driving a boat for most of the day and has a sore back. This recipe was in that old girl sitting on the counter when we got home sunkissed and tired. I love her.
2. Not putting sunscreen on your feet is not a good idea when you spend all day on the beach. I do not love that.
3. Blue skies and red tents though. Yep, love those.
4. Errrm taking a few shots down the beach has confirmed my neeeeeed for a new camera lens. Ummm, unless I win the lotto, auction one of my kiddos as slave labour on ebay or sell some of the things stuffed in the back of the wardrobe, a new camera lens and me will not be doin’ our thang.
5. While walking up and down the beach all day is good for one’s gluteus maximus, if one has been putting off going to the osteopath for one’s coccyx for too long, one’s gluteus maximus will eventually go on strike.
6. I advise you that you don’t want to be in the vicinity of a forty-is-the-new-thirty year old on the beaches of Sydney with an on-strike gluteus maximus, let’s just say it’s ain’t pretty.
So that’s what I am doing today, nursing my gluteus maximus.
p.s. I am not saying a word about the surfer boys